Body image. How do you feel when you think about your body? How do you feel about being in your body? What do you think of others’ bodies? The topic of body image is such a loaded question; people both love and hate their bodies. It’s saddening to see how many people dislike their bodies (and I’m one of those people who struggle with self-body positivity).
What really struck home was “the number one magic wish for young girls age 11-17…is to be thinner.” Wow. The studies behind body image are depressing, but I call everyone who reads this today to list 5 things that they love about their body. For me, my 5 for today are:
- I love the color of my eyes.
- I love my Chaco tan on my feet (it’s not even summer and it’s starting to come back. I think I may where my sandals too much.)
- I love how strong my legs are.
- I love the color of my hair.
- I love how long my legs are.
And it still took me time to come up with just those five, but I did it. Learning to love yourself is a long process, but working on it every day is the most important thing you can do. As long as you believe in yourself, you can do anything.